In this guide, you’ll learn how to pass the Google digital marketing final exam on the first attempt. I’ll explain what to expect in the exam and give you a list of exam questions and answers to prepare for the big date.
The Google Digital Marketing Certification (Fundamentals of Digital Marketing) offered by Google Digital Garage is one of the most popular digital marketing certifications.
It’s a great certification to get started with digital marketing and learn the fundamentals. The course includes 26 modules of self-paced learning material and videos. Upon completion of the course, and passing the digital marketing exam, you get certified.
The certification is globally recognized and it is one of the most precious Google certifications to pursue if you want to get into digital marketing.
How to Pass the Google Digital Garage Final Exam
To successfully pass the Google digital marketing exam, follow these steps:
- Register with Google Digital Garage
- Complete all course modules (including quizzes)
- Practice with exam questions and answers
- Take the exam and download your certification
1. Register with Google Digital Garage
The first step is to go to Google Digital Garage and register for a new account. Depending on your location, the learning platform may be called Google Digital Unlocked.
Don’t worry, it’s the same course and exams but with a different name. Either way registration and certification are free.
Once you log in, click the Fundamentals of Digital Marketing from the list of courses to start your learning journey.
2. Complete all course modules (including quizzes)
The next step is to go through ALL the 26 modules of the course, watch the lessons and pass the short quizzes at the end of each module.
The total estimated time to complete all lessons is 40 hours.
Things to know while working through the course
Skip to quiz: If you feel comfortable that you can answer the multiple-choice questions at the end of a lesson without watching the video, you can skip the material (by clicking the skip to quiz button) and go directly to the quiz.
But use this option with caution because you can do this only once per lesson. This means that if you click the skip to quiz button and don’t manage to pass the quiz, you’ll need to complete all lessons in the module in order to access the quiz again.
To access the final exam you need to complete all modules: While you can take the different lessons in any order you want, to get to the final exam, you have to complete all modules and quizzes.
There is no time limit: You can go through the material at your own pace. There is no time limit or limitation as to the number of times you can go through a lesson or assessment.
Use additional learning resources: If you’re new to digital marketing you may find some topics difficult to understand. What you can do to prepare for the exam and also get a better understanding is to enroll in a digital marketing course.
There are many third-party online courses available you can use to enrich your knowledge and get practical advice too.
Module Quizzes Questions and Answers
The assessment at the end of each module consists of a few questions. Some of them are skippable (i.e. you can skip them without answering) but there are mandatory questions too. To complete a lesson, you have to answer all non-skippable questions.
The quiz questions are multiple-choice and easy to answer. They cover material taught in the video lessons so you should have no problem getting them right.
You can find below 5 sample questions to get an idea of how the quiz questions look like.
- Keyword Planner
- Ad Gallery
- Ad Preview Tool
- Customers can learn about a business by downloading a mobile app, but they can’t place an order using an app
- Building a new website requires a large budget
- Mobile apps enable your customers to purchase your products without being on your website
- All businesses must have a website to sell products
- What your customers are looking for
- Your latest promotions and discounts
- Your brand values
- Whether the content will go viral or not
- Identifying business goals
- Understanding what the competition is doing
- Knowing the market
- Aligning goals to the strategy
- People pay to use search engines, so there is a wealthy customer base there
- People who search are actively looking for information, products or services
- Search engines are a big trend these days
- Search engines guarantee new customers
For more quiz questions and answers, click the button below to download 100+ quiz questions (grouped by module) in PDF format.
Download Quiz Questions and Answers (PDF)
3. Practice with exam questions and answers
Once you complete all course modules (and pass all quizzes) it’s time to prepare for the exam by going through practice questions and answers.
Google Digital Marketing Final Exam Questions and Answers
You can find below a list of sample questions/answers you can expect to find when taking the exam. Google is constantly changing the questions to make the exam more credible but the questions below will give you a pretty good idea of the actual exam questions.
You can also use the download button below, to get 100+ more questions/answers for practice purposes.
When you can solve all the questions in the PDF correctly, you’re ready to pass the Google Digital Marketing exam!
- Pay people to link back to your site
- Write some great content they will find useful
- Ensure your staff link back to your site
- Link to them first, regardless of whether they have anything interesting on their site
- Place them well within your text
- Make them eye-catching
- Put branding on them
- Give them descriptive names
- Drive more traffic to your website
- Target more people in different areas of the world
- Ensure people see relevant ads that relate to their search query
- Stop using negative keywords
- Website’s homepage
- Order confirmation page
- Order form page
- Contact us page
- Paid advertising
- Pay for followers
- Follow all of your competitors’ followers
- Overuse hashtags
For more practice questions click the button below to download 100+ exam questions and answers.
Download Google Digital Marketing Exam Questions and Answers (PDF)
4. Take the exam and download your certification
When the big date comes, you can relax and schedule a time to take the exam.
Things to know about the Google digital garage certification exam:
- The exam consists of 40 multiple-choice questions.
- To pass the exam you need to achieve a passing score of 80% or above. This is equivalent to getting 32 questions correct.
- The total time to complete the exam is 75 minutes.
- If you fail the digital marketing exam the first time, you need to wait 24 hours until you can try again.
Google Digital Marketing Certificate
Once you successfully pass the exam, you’ll be able to download a PDF of your digital marketing certificate from the Fundamentals of Digital Marketing course page.
Is Google Digital Marketing Exam Hard?
The Google digital marketing exam is not hard to pass. It’s a beginner-level exam and all questions are easy, provided that you have gone through all course modules and watched the video lessons.
The exam questions are straightforward and not difficult for someone that knows the basics of digital marketing.
What To Do After Passing The Exam?
Passing the Google digital marketing exam does not make you a digital marketing expert. In order to make a successful career in digital marketing, you need to gain hands-on experience with all digital marketing topics.
The Google Digital Marketing course is great for beginners but it’s theoretical. To gain practical skills, you need to start using digital marketing on your own website or get an entry-level job.
That’s the only way to understand how digital marketing actually works and what it really takes to use the different techniques you’ll learn in a course, to increase traffic to a website and make more sales.
You can also consider expanding your skills by following a Google professional certification course.
Google offers various Google Ads courses through Google Skillshop that are great for building your Google PPC skills and obtaining an additional certificate to enrich your resume.
Leave a Reply